In Compliance to (inter alia): The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 and The Health & Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996.
The Director ar Reliance Demolition regards health and safety as an extremely important priority for the company. We are committed, through strong visible leadership and engagement with the workforce, in the promotion and achievement of safe and healthy conditions and the formal assessments of our performance to create an incident free environment where accidents are eliminated and health is protected. This applies for all employees, contractors and members of the public who may be affected by the activities of the company.
Every employee has an obligation to take reasonable care for their safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also obliged to co-operate with their employer in respect of matters concerning health and safety. The involment and co-operation of employees at all levels is essential for the effective implementation of this policy.
We shall achieve this by:
- Providing adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Providing a safe working environment.
- Consulting with our employees on matters affecting their health adn safety.
- Enable employees and contractors to raise issues relative to Health and Safety.
- Encouraring positive participation from our employees to promote health and safety standards.
- Providing and maintaining safe work equipment.
- Ensuring the safe handling and storage of substances.
- Provide appropiate welfare facilities for all employees.
- Provide such imformation, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
- Ensuring all employees are competent to carry out their tasks and provide adequate training to cover any skills gaps.
- Providing new employees with adequate induction training prior commencing work.
- Preventing accidents and work related ill-health.
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions.
- Promote and encourage mutual respect for people involved in our work activities and also in the communities in which we work.
To assist us in meeting our legal and moral requirements, we have appointed Alban Safety Ltd. as our external Health and Safety Consultants to provide advice on all matters affecting the health, safety & welfare of those persons coming under our control and all others who may be affected by our undertaking. Our Directors are responsible for the implementation, monitoring and adherence to our Policy. We will ensure adequate resources are made available to ensure our legal obligations for health and safety are not only met, but exceeded. The Board has delegated the resposibility for ensuring this policy is up to date to company Director responsible for safety Sam Bean (Jnr).